Friday, 18 November 2016
Cancer Prevention & Rehabilitation with our ICRP at AyurVAID Kalmatia
Cancer is the name given to a collection of related diseases. In all the types of Cancers, the body’s infected cells begin to divide without stopping and spread into surrounding tissues. We all know that Cancer is a killer disease and there are rarely mere chances of escaping it. At AyurVAID Kalmatia, we treat Cancer differently! The Ayurveda way!
Our ICRP (Integrated Cancer Rehabilitation Program) is a remarkable effort and has proved its results since the beginning. In the ICRP at AyurVAID Kalmatia, we intend to minimise acute adverse effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy through herbal medicines and natural therapies. Just to name a few with ICRP; we can reduce sicknesses such as nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhoea, mucositis, hair fall, skin rashes, ulcers, burns, myelosuppression, and peripheral neuropathies.
We strive to improve the quality of life for each patient at the whole body and mind level. The patients get to experience improvement in the quality of sleep, their appetite, digestion, excretion etc. resulting in enhanced vitality and energy levels and then eventually lowering stress levels for both the patient and their family.
If you are confused about when to enter the ICRP with us, we will make it simple for you. One can enter the ICRP before, during, or after conventional medical management. Our recommendation is to start palliative care at the earliest possible and even preceding the primary Cancer treatment. This generally helps enhance immunity, outcomes, and patient morale; it also reduces side effects and patient dropouts.
What do we do in AyurVAID ICRP:
• At first, the comprehensive medical assessment will be carried out as per the standard protocol in AyurVAID; this will be supplemented by an oncology-specific assessment protocol.
• We then will take into account all the current medical reports of the patient.
• Both primary and secondary medical management objectives specific to the patient shall be determined.
• Next, a customised medical management plan which includes diet-lifestyle-medicine-treatment according to the condition of the patient and the disease, and appropriate identification of Ayurveda medicines and procedures, shall be developed with an integrative percept.
• A consensus on next steps shall be arrived at with the patient, with the primary physician, and patient’s family members.
• We also make sure we have the best supervision on the patient’s response to the ICRP from start through the entire treatment cycle. We will monitor this by using standard medical outcome scales such as Common Toxicity Criteria (CTC), Karnofsky Performance Status Scale, and Quality of Life (QoL) scale.
Know more about our ICRP on our website www.ayurvaidkalmatia.com and also get to read the success stories on overcoming Cancer by our patients.